PART 1: ALIGN
As a restorative dentist I am often confronted with complex treatment
planning decisions resulting from the following:
• Unesthetic position of the anterior dentition caused by crowding, TSD etc.
• Poor position of posterior abutments due to malocclusion
• Supra eruption and occlusal plane discrepancies.
• Mesial drift into edentulous areas.
• Collapse of the occlusal vertical dimension due to loss of posterior teeth.
In this case the main complaint was overall tooth wear and sensitivity due to malposition (Overjet and Class II) There was a group function due to this wear. Previously, the solution for improving the position, alignment and shape of the teeth without traditional orthodontic treatment has been the application of veneers or crowns, both of which can damage tooth enamel and integrity, and have a limited lifespan. Now Aligner therapy is providing us the opportunity to align teeth and improve the occlusion before restoring them with TrioClear™ we aligned the elements to restore the occlusion in cooperation with F.I.T. Forma® Injection Technique. After TrioClear™, F.I.T. was used to improve the class II and to restore the length and function of the elements.